We are looking for a DBA / Database Engineer, who will be a member of our data team. Data team is responsible for maintaining and automating our data platform - Oracle and PostgreSQL, designing and validating data model for business service provisioning, implementing SQL queries, developing data delivery services, integration solutions and reports with Python. We are looking for the specialist who feels confident in both, data platform management and data services development area. You will play an important role in keeping our database platform secured and stable while cooperating closely with other RSI teams. Your main focus will be the maintenance and configuration of our current database platform and helping to improve further. You also will be involved in developing reports, integration solutions and data delivery services. There's plenty of work and challenges as we keep growing and entering new markets.
What you’ll do
- Maintain and configure our on-premise and cloud databases
- Own the Data Model and ensure clean data(base) design
- Own the Data Layer; help the development teams to design and implement data(base) related solutions based on business requirements.
- Cooperate closely with development teams and Operations.
- Implement and maintain data security and auditing, backup and recovery policies.
- Perform data(base) tuning and performance monitoring.
- Develop integration services to import data from different sources or deliver data to other systems.
In order to succeed you need
- Willingness to act in both data platform and services development area.
- Good knowledge about SQL (PostgreSQL and Oracle preferred)
- A sense of ownership and a passion for technology
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- One or more of the following (skills) would be nice to have
- 3+ years of experience in database administration
- Previous experience with our main technologies in use – Oracle database, PostgreSQL, Snowflake, Python
Good reasons to join
- We balance personal freedom with responsibility & give as much as possible of both.
- We value teamwork, honest and open communication.
- We support personal development and career planning.
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible working hours and location
- We’re working with our own products (as opposed to outsourced consulting) and while we’re still at a very early stage, we have already established our position as one of the industry leaders in the US.
- Our motto: "Do what makes sense, question what doesn't”
- We have offices in Tartu and Tallinn