Rush Street Interactive (RSI), an affiliate of Rush Street Gaming, is a modern gaming company that focuses on developing and operating real money and social gaming online products. We are on the leading edge of the gaming industry convergence by bridging iGaming, social, and brick and mortar businesses in a way that creates value.
We are on a mission to design sports betting and online casino experience for millions of players in Americas and through the most innovative solutions, our aim is to give sports and casino fans the chance to win every day.
We are looking for a QA Engineer, who will belong to an autonomous agile Casino software development team, responsible for delivering quality software in two-week sprints.
Ideally, you have previous experience from working as a tester and hopefully, you consider yourself as a software testing craftsman. If you are eager to invest personal time to improve yourself as an engineer then you are the new colleague, we are looking for! We promise to do our best to help you on your journey on mastering the craft of software testing.
What you’ll do:
- Advocate and apply modern testing principles in your team and across the organization
- Design and develop automated testing solutions that adhere to proper testing methodology, design, and coding standards
- Develop test requirements and specifications for functional, acceptance, integration, regression, system, stress/performance testing
- Collaborate closely with engineers and the product team to drive defects to closure and to ensure the deliverables meet quality requirements & test coverage
- Identify areas for automation, collect test data requirements, propose new test metrics and techniques to maximize testing efficiency and scalability
- Report on and work very closely with dev teams and project management to drive defects to closure
- Build, automate, and maintain QA environments
- You will test and automate the testing of systems built using (micro)services architecture and web/mobile technologies
In order to succeed you need
- Experience testing production software
- Deep understanding of how agile software development life-cycle works
- A positive attitude
- A curious mindset for digging deep to catch hard-to-find issues
- Skills to navigate fast in large codebase
- High level of self-motivation
- Strong English language skills
- Analytical and solution oriented mindset
- Drive and vision for improvements
- Be able to interpret requirements and develop both positive and negative test case scenarios
One or more of the following would be nice to have
- Experience with programming/scripting
- Taken any lessons or courses about software testing (e.g. RST, BBST)
- Some experience of explaining or teaching testing to your peers
Good reasons to join
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive compensation
- Ability to define or influence the direction of your domain
- We embrace personal freedom and responsibility
- We value teamwork, open and honest communication
- Our motto is: “Do what makes sense, question what doesn’t”
- A chance to work in a fast-growing software development company with bright and friendly colleagues
- Many challenges for you to choose to solve on your initiative with help and support from your team members and fellow testing craftsmen
About the company
Rush Street Interactive (RSI), an affiliate of Rush Street Gaming, is a modern gaming company that focuses on developing and operating real money and social gaming online products. We are on the leading edge of the gaming industry convergence by bridging iGaming, social and brick and mortar businesses in a way that creates value.
Rush Street Gaming is one of the fastest-growing gaming companies in North America. Rush Street Gaming developed and operates Rivers Casino in Pittsburgh, SugarHouse Casino in Philadelphia, Rivers Casino in Des Plaines, Illinois and Rivers Casino and Resort in Schenectady, New York.